Private Demo Released!

Author Topic: Let's Talk: Finding "Heart Forth, Alicia"  (Read 23223 times)

pg1314

• Alpha Tester group
  • Well hi there, what are you up to today?
Let's Talk: Finding "Heart Forth, Alicia"
« on: May 26, 2014, 10:30:24 PM »
Seeing as only 70 members exist, (so far) I think we may have a rough start getting these forums active, so Let's Talk. Get to know each other a wee bit and have some fun along the way.

So, tonight I have one simple question: How did you, my dear reader, stumble across Heart Forth Alicia? Any thrilling tales or stories of woe that may have gave you some interest of this game?

For me, I discovered this via Starbound. As of recent times, the development blog of that game has been... Slow to say the least. So, I decided to give this game a look. I'll be honest in saying that when I first saw the post for HFA, I kinda, well, groaned. The folks at Chucklefish are a generous group, but the amount of games they are helping with is rather large for a company their size.
Anyway, out of boredom, I decided to check out the HFA Kickstarter page. For only 3-4 days passed, it was well over its funded goal, and after seeing some gameplay itself, I understood why. So, I created a Kickstarter account and put in 150$ When other greater stretch goals were released, I went on a persuasive rampage, trying to get my friends to spend their money on this game's development (none of them did, sadly)
About a month later, here I am, writing these very words. It was fun watching the Kickstarter and it's going to be more fun watching the development.
Now what's your story?

Jave

Re: Let's Talk: Finding "Heart Forth, Alicia"
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 10:42:32 PM »
I found the Kickstarter through the NeoGAF thread. I checked it out of curiosity and loved the style and visuals right away, so backing it was a no-brainer.

James Closs

• Designer Backer Team
  • Why yes, you can call me Boss Closs
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 11:38:17 PM »
How did I come across it?  Geez, uh....  Honestly I think it popped up under projects recommended for me based on other projects I had backed.  The whirlwind of me spamming my own Facebook wall full of updates, most notably when Manami Matsumae was announced, kind of blew my recollection of its origins away.

Must have been a good day though, since I backed Cosmochoria the same day  :)

Reikaniichan

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 08:48:56 AM »
I was linked to it somewhere (probably mn9 ks comments), thought it was neat...
and bookmarked it.

>_>; I didn't actually back until near the end... (also had more money to throw at it by then :P)
-What do you see?-

Alzorath

• Private Demo Group
  • Hobby Youtuber
    • Alzorath's channel
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 08:54:11 AM »
I found it the old fashioned way... browsing through the Kickstarter games section :) - reminded me a lot visually of the Legend of Iya kickstarter when I saw the thumbnail, and frankly I have a nostalgic place for the beautifully rendered pixel art & platforming :D

Sean

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 09:08:02 AM »
I found out about Heart Forth, Alicia through a tweet by @asthreeworks who ran another Kickstarter project, Paradise Lost: First Contact. As soon as I clicked on the link to the devlogs, I immediately fell in love with the intricate, beautiful artwork. Imagine my joy when I found out Alonso was to run a Kickstarter project to fund it. I was like, "I HAVE TO BACK THIS!!!"

Lavarath

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 09:43:57 AM »
I came across Heart Forth Alicia through Starbound's website. I watched the video that was on the kickstarter page and just knew this was a game I wanted to play and hope succeeded with the funding.  I've always enjoyed playing games with platforming and the pixelated art style makes it even better in my opinion.

Admittedly, I didn't fund it right away but I did a couple days later with $50.

LaJanter

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 09:56:15 AM »
Found about "Heart Forth, Alicia" on a Destructoid review immediately falling in love with it, and since I just started working this year I was able to start backing up games of my liking on kickstarter; so HFA is my first backed project and will be a memorable one at that.

I must admit that this made me feel just like back in the day when I played SotN, so it was an instant "must back this".

Red

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 02:08:26 PM »
I also found it through the thread on NeoGAF.  Instantly fell in love with how charming and fun the game looked. :D

dysiode

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 02:09:25 PM »
I can't remember where I found out about HFA. I've been following the Twitter account for as long as I can remember. It was a no-brainer to follow along and wait for a pre-order so when the Kickstarter launched I immediately dropped $100 but later decided I loved the game enough I wanted to play a more active role in the development (not something I usually do as a Alpha/Beta user) so I bumped it up to $150. (Thank goodness for envelope budgeting!)
Windows 8.1 Pro Build 9600 / 16gb RAM / AMD A10-7850k / AMD R9-285 / 1440p

Brian M

• Private Demo Group
  • ~Horizons of the Mind~
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 02:23:49 PM »
I was strolling through my daily visit on (PS4 Daily.com) when HFA caught my eye!

I will not go into all the details that had me tripping out over HFA, all I will say is.. I spent at least 3-4 hours Gawking & Drooling with a giddy excitement that I had almost forgotten since which feels like an age long ago to me. It was one of the Best Finds ever while browsing on (PS4 Daily)

Ho man you just wait Heart Forth, Alicia when I get my hands on you it will be magical indeed.
8) That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age. ;D

Geoffaffa

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 04:28:44 PM »
I was checking up on the starbound page when I saw them promoting the kickstarter for Heart Forth, Alicia.  On a whim I decide to check it out.  What really convinced me to back it is how much work I could see had already been put in.  I didn't back it immediately because I didn't know how much I could afford to put towards it (or if I could), but once I figured out what I could afford to back it for, I went and backed it that day.

Always loved metroidvania games and this one will be worth the wait I think.

matthewfarmery

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 06:58:34 AM »
a member of the Grim Dawn community (which is an ARPG) posted about the game, I do like to back indie games, not a fan of publisher games anymore, unless they are really something, and I do like 2D games too, especailly if they are well done, I liked at the KS for this game and backed it soon after.

Effluvial Kraken

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 08:08:40 PM »
Somebody mentioned it in the comments of La-Mulana 2's Kickstarter page.

Maverick

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 12:12:02 AM »
Just went to check if there was update to Starbound on their web page and I just did find out about Heart Forth Alicia there. I had such good time in the old days with the Metroid and castlevania series I could not be more exited about Heart Forth Alicia.

Aviakio

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 03:09:39 PM »
I'm another one who was following Starbound closely, and I do like the games Chucklefish chooses to support/publish. An instant fan of the aesthetic of this game and the effort and professional touch to the Kickstarter, I could see and appreciate the love going into the game.

(Also there haven't been many posts on these forums yet as a permissions checkbox was set wrong, and normal members like me couldn't post)

Aimay

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 03:55:42 PM »
Time travel.

Can't say any more, except, yes, no, not in the next few and no.

YanYang

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2014, 04:06:22 PM »
Just looking on kick starter browsing and stumbled across this

BlackStar

• Private Demo Group
  • Represent The Truth
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2014, 07:35:57 AM »
Nintendo life has a regular section where they highlight indie games on kickstarter with Wii U goals.  Immediate support after watching trailer.  Also, everyone should take a look at Freedom Planet, I dont know why press is so low for this amazing game.
Keep it real or get beat down!

bobjones1980

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 05:27:03 PM »
I found the game threw the Chasm Devs

Oversoul

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 05:16:40 AM »
I found it just threw browsing Kickstarter. Good thing that happened i was carving for a good new metroidvania type game  :D .

X1N

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 11:31:43 AM »
Quite simple really. I was already backing Hex Heroes, and they added Alicia as one of their guest characters. So naturally I found the HFA Kickstarter, and i'm very glad that I did.

Seizui

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2014, 08:48:26 PM »
...Heh. I remember finding out about the game when it was first on Kickstarter. It looked pretty neat, so I decided to back it. I do not regret my choice. :D

Otoshi no Kami

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2014, 05:16:37 PM »
simple. a shout out from a indie developer who posted it.

Pystrum

• Private Demo Group
  • I can't wait for the release of HFA!
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 12:09:00 PM »
I noticed this game on the Clickteam website. It looked really neat, so I checked it out. I now backed the game $50, and I look forward to playing this game!
Oh! Was this supposed to be where I was to place my signature? Huh. It appears I have run out of space. Oh well.

Inzoum

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 06:49:29 AM »
Pretty sure I found the Kickstarter page for Heart Forth Alicia from an article on Kotaku.

Checking back regularly for news :D

James Closs

• Designer Backer Team
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 06:24:02 PM »

Checking back regularly for news :D

There's not a whooole lot going on right now, but things should get pretty lively around here once the Alpha is placed into our eager hands  :)

Majk

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2014, 02:33:45 PM »
I found this game through the timespinners livestream on twitch that is happening just now as I post this.

It made me a little sad that I didnt see this on Kickstarter when the campaign was live but I decided that a paypal pledge would have to do instead. The game looks stellar! Can't wait to see it go live.
Lost in /dev/null...

James Closs

• Designer Backer Team
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2014, 07:37:12 PM »
@Majk:  That was a great Livestream.  I came in on the tale end of Timespinner, and that livestream made me glad that I did.

Majk

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2014, 08:26:32 PM »
@Majk:  That was a great Livestream.  I came in on the tale end of Timespinner, and that livestream made me glad that I did.

I joined it as it came up, sat through the Mine Craft stuff in the start and then the part that where dedicated to HFA. Never got to see the Timespinners demo though 'cause I was at work and had things to take care of.

I did however appreciate the part which I saw. So, yes. It was a great stream.
Lost in /dev/null...

Heart Forth, Alicia Boards