Private Demo Released!

Author Topic: Issue launching the demo  (Read 5401 times)

idontknow

Issue launching the demo
« on: January 13, 2018, 07:05:02 PM »
I am on Windows 10 64-bit and whenever I try to launch the game it shows up briefly in the task manager and then closes. Is there a fix for this issue?

Alonso Martin

Re: Issue launching the demo
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 04:25:05 PM »
Sorry to hear you're having this issue. We haven't seen this one before. Do you by chance have an antivirus or similar software that could be shutting the game down? Could you also provide your computer specs? Lastly, does a /crash/ folder get created after the game shuts down? If so, could you email those contents to lukas@alonsomartin.mx please?

idontknow

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 08:43:19 PM »
I have Windows Defender; I turned it off and tried running the demo but it did the same thing. My specs are:
Intel Core i7 6700k
32 GB of RAM
ASRock Z170 Extreme4 motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce GTO 1080
447 GB Crucial SSD

Alonso Martin

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 08:45:07 PM »
Thanks! Do you get a crash.txt file or a /crash/ folder?

idontknow

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 09:31:59 PM »
I emailed the crash.txt to the email address you provided.

Alonso Martin

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 09:36:24 PM »
Thanks! We'll take a look at these and try to find out what's wrong as soon as we can. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Alonso Martin

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 11:32:39 AM »
Hey idontknow,

It seems it's got something to do with a gamepad that's not fully plugged in (SDL detects it as a "null" gamepad, therefore the crash). What gamepad model is it? Could you try plugging it out and back in?

If that doesn't work, could you try starting the game without the gamepad plugged in and see if it runs fine? If it does, try plugging it in.

Thanks!

idontknow

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 10:49:45 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, I had a RAP4 arcade stick plugged in. When I unplugged it the game was able to launch. Thank you for your help.

Heart Forth, Alicia Boards