Private Demo Released!

Author Topic: I would l ike to sujjest giving select YouTube streamers an early Demo key.  (Read 7684 times)

Kairon156

I follow a few YouTubers and every now and than they get permission to play a game days or 1-2 week(s) before it goes live. This gives people the ability to see the game play through someone they are familiar with watching. and perhaps gather up the money needed to buy it when it's available.

Alonso Martin

Thanks for your suggestion, Kairon! We are planning on sending builds of the game to youtubers and lets players a few weeks before release. If you have recommendations or would care to show or mention the game to some of your favorite guys/girls, we'd be grateful :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 09:18:35 PM by Alonso Martin »

lythkross

This would be pretty cool. I'm not a big streamer or anything myself, but I know there are more than a few that could give this game a huge shoutout.  I've been waiting (not so patiently) for this game for speedrunning and routing purposes. Can't wait until the final release. This will probably be a day 1 streaming project for me when it launches!

Also, been hyping it up to my friends. I know of at least 3 who are buying it day one. :D

Malek Deneith

Well as far as youtubers go it might be worth to try to get in touch with Total Biscuit. Hell only knows if he'd go for it, and if he finds the game wanting he'll rip it a new one, but if things go well? That's some big exposure there. Other than that, hmm... AlphaOmegaSin maybe? He's more of a ranter than let's player but as far as I've seen he's a metroidvania fan so hey, maybe he'd be interested in doing something for the game. Not as big as some other channels but at ~400k this might get the message somewhere.

lythkross

Well as far as youtubers go it might be worth to try to get in touch with Total Biscuit. Hell only knows if he'd go for it, and if he finds the game wanting he'll rip it a new one, but if things go well? That's some big exposure there. Other than that, hmm... AlphaOmegaSin maybe? He's more of a ranter than let's player but as far as I've seen he's a metroidvania fan so hey, maybe he'd be interested in doing something for the game. Not as big as some other channels but at ~400k this might get the message somewhere.

As much as people dislike him, another big name to approach would technically be Pewdiepie. You cannot argue the fact that him playing games or talking about their merits in the past has lead to some games becoming absolutely massive. If I remember correctly he was towards the beginning of the hump that led Flappy Bird to become a huge hit. Plus, he seems like a person who could be interested in a game like this.

Alonso Martin

Thanks, guys! These are all interesting suggestions, we'll be sure to send them an email once we're nearing the release of the game. Really appreciate you spreading the word about the game among your friends—arguably the greatest factor that made the Kickstarter successful.

And about speedrunning, I'm keeping that in mind as I make the game. There's at least one hidden move that you can use to bypass some stuff, but it's a little hard to execute. We'll just have to make sure the game doesn't dead-end when sequence-breaking, but it should be fun to see what people come up with.

Heart Forth, Alicia Boards