Private Demo Released!

Author Topic: [Poll] What gamepad will you use to play HFA?  (Read 17616 times)

Alonso Martin

[Poll] What gamepad will you use to play HFA?
« on: January 15, 2015, 09:39:05 AM »
You can also vote on this poll if you don't want to create a forum account.

If you prefer to play with a gamepad as opposed to keyboard, and for purposes of offering your gamepad an auto-profiling/mapping when you first start the game, we wanted to know what gamepads were the most popular amongst you.

This doesn't mean the game won't support the controllers that are not as popular: you'll still be able to remap the keys of whichever controller you choose to use—the game supports all controllers that are recognized by your OS—, so don't worry if you don't see your controller listed there.

If your controller doesn't happen to be in our database, you might need to take a few seconds when you start the game to remap the controller buttons to your liking (in-game). Pretty simple. Or, later down the line, you can give us 3 minutes of your time to help us populate our profiling database with information from your controller.

Note 1: We do know there is a pretty awesome dev library called SDL that handles this kind of thing. We're looking into it, but we wanted to have a good idea of controller popularity.

Note 2: You can naturally choose to play with the keyboard if you like that better!

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:28:52 AM by Alonso Martin »

Cless44

Re: What gamepad will you use to play HFA?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 09:56:29 AM »
I will most certainly be using a PS3 controller to play HFA.

Multimaha

Re: [Poll] What gamepad will you use to play HFA?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 09:56:55 AM »
I'll most likely be using a wireless Xbox 360 controller.

SH

Azuardo

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 09:59:30 AM »
DualShock 4.

Thanks!

Trace Bullet

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 10:06:32 AM »
DualShock 4

NickoTyn

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 10:07:20 AM »
I will use Logitech F310 or F710.
It has playstation layout but ABXY buttons and Xinput+Dinput.

shaneriley

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 10:11:00 AM »
Dualshock 3

Alonso Martin

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 10:14:42 AM »
Modified the poll a bit to make voting options a bit clearer! Please cast a vote, as it's easier to see the results that way :)

dysiode

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 10:32:00 AM »
The Xbox One controller is simply the best possible PC controller. It's so good. All y'all 360 controller users, check it out. I can't even use a 360 controller anymore.

Wait, this isn't an argument?

Oh. I'd probably use a DualShock 4 if I had one, for the D-Pad.
Windows 8.1 Pro Build 9600 / 16gb RAM / AMD A10-7850k / AMD R9-285 / 1440p

Guardian of Irael

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 12:56:45 PM »
Voted Sony Dualshock (3 & 4) controller! ^ ^
I usually play games on PC with the keyboard. And HFA probably will be one of them. On thoose games where the use of a gamepad is necessary or recommended I have a Power Games controller... Basically it has the same buttons and shape of a Sony controller. I feel comfortable with Sony pads, so yup, that's my vote.
^ ^
^ ^

James Closs

• Designer Backer Team
  • Why yes, you can call me Boss Closs
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 09:42:58 PM »
I use a logitech F310 for my PC.  Hasn't done me wrong yet!

Inzoum

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 05:19:03 AM »
I'm currently playing most of my games with the wired XBox 360 controller, but I've got a wireless one coming in shortly from Amazon :P.

I'd definitely love to play HFA using a gamepad, more than with a keyboard.

Zanoh

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 12:04:58 PM »
My first post here, yay!

If the controls don't exceed the traditional NES layout (doubtful) I'd so be playing Heartforth with a USB modified OEM NES controller.
Some say a familiar phrase, "There is a method to my madness". I, on the other hand, am of a different sort, "there is madness to my methods".

Computer: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition SP1 (64-bit) Build 7601, 32GB Ram, Intel E-Haswell CPU Core i7-5960X @ 3.0GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 970 (x3 SLI), 3840x2160.

Piwi

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2015, 03:21:02 PM »
Will play with a Sega Saturn USB Controller ;D

Alonso Martin

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 09:34:56 PM »
+10 retro points :p The game can definitely be played essentially with a dpad + 4 buttons + start/select. However, there are a couple of handy shortcuts in the shoulder buttons, so I guess you'll have to try out what works best for you.

Brett Hrin

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 10:19:17 PM »
dual shock 4

Frog

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 11:24:16 PM »
I will probably use a snes or gamecube controller since I like those the most. Particularly snes  :)

jafcon69

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 09:42:59 AM »
ps4 all the way ;D

hillbillyphil

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 03:35:18 AM »
Been using a DualShock 4 for most  games but just managed to get my Wii U Pro Controller to work as a Xinput controller and may prefer it and the battery life is amazing so undecided.

Brian M

• Private Demo Group
  • ~Horizons of the Mind~
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 10:48:34 PM »
The Kick Ass Dual Shock 4 for me as well!  I use it for almost every PC game that is not an FPS, RTS & Dungeon-RPG

"On another thought... Anyone else miss the GameCube controller... Man I really do! I love that thing"
8) That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age. ;D

lemonrev

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2015, 01:37:27 AM »
2d games KEYBOARD & MOUSE only :P

maxwelldemonic

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 01:44:30 PM »
Probably my DS3, although I might use my Game Cube controller with an adapter.

Omega-Bit

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2015, 09:12:09 AM »
I voted 360 controller, it's what i'm most comfortable with, being a console gamer for years before getting a PC :p

Ridesdragons

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2015, 05:04:53 AM »
I honestly haven't a clue what controller I'm using. there's no label, except for one spot that oddly looks like there should be a label (but isn't). it doesn't show up in device manager, and pcsx2 simply states "DX AUTO PAD" with a type of "Dualshock 2". the right pad contains sony symbols (sorta, they look different from sony's design, but they're clearly the normal shapes rather than letters), and other than the normal set of buttons, the center contains 5 buttons. top left: turbo. top right: clear. bottom left: select. bottom right: start. center bottom: home button? it has a house with a square in it, and the button itself is a clear circle. for some reason, I seem to recall "madcatz controller", but I'm not sure if it's because this is a madcatz controller, or if it's because I was looking at madcatz controllers before my brother-in-law practically gave me this one. it doesn't look like the madcatz controllers on a google search though. it's wireless, and utilizes a wireless receiver, but that is also old and damaged, and no longer shows an sort of identifiable feature

for all intents and purposes, though, it's a PS2 controller. it's old, but it works on any steam game or emulator that allows the use of controllers, even if they only identify it as an "auto pad".

picture of the controller is in the attachment.

EDIT: yuck why does it not show a thumbnail but the entire picture at the bottom? sorry for the size of it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 05:06:48 AM by Ridesdragons »

James Closs

• Designer Backer Team
  • Why yes, you can call me Boss Closs
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 10:49:13 PM »
Ahhhh, did that controller come from Hong Kong maybe?  Or a shady corner of Akihabara?

QuantumLeap215

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 08:41:33 PM »
Steam Controller, all the way

skinkken

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2016, 05:23:39 PM »
Depends on how many keys are used frequently. If there are a lot of keys, then xbox 360 controller, if not that much then keyboard for ultimate accuracy.

Heart Forth, Alicia Boards