Private Demo Released!

Author Topic: Heart Forth Alicia Suggestions  (Read 8635 times)

Otoshi no Kami

Heart Forth Alicia Suggestions
« on: August 07, 2014, 11:12:40 PM »
Alright since it's so dead on this forum, might as well do it anyway. Lets come up the suggestion on how to make the game better. is there anything to add onto the game? is there something to make changes? post your thoughts up and let the conversations rolling. :)

James Closs

• Designer Backer Team
  • Why yes, you can call me Boss Closs
Re: Heart Forth Alicia Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 01:30:41 PM »
I'm mostly waiting until we get a hand on the alpha before I start making suggestions again.  At this point I feel like I don't have enough material to do anything but speculate.

Alonso Martin

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 02:23:50 PM »
Well, I'm partly to blame that there's been a lack of activity on the boards :3 I've kind of waited for things to settle down after the Kickstarter to do some fun stuff, play some games, have some guests and hang out, but I think there's never a time when things do settle down x). I'll try to make it more lively :)

Majk

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 05:57:12 PM »
We all try to pitch in to make these forums living!
Lost in /dev/null...

Otoshi no Kami

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 11:30:56 PM »
yeah. if Alonso wants to keep this forum alive, at least make an update on kickstarter so we can be more active.

lemonrev

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 06:52:01 AM »
yeah. if Alonso wants to keep this forum alive, at least make an update on kickstarter so we can be more active.

I have far too many forums to look over, but being active means knowing there people to get to stick around in a forum and have games and stuff.

I personally like a small update on regular dates and whatnot so we can check in to see whats going on.

As for making the forums alive the only thing i can actually think of is wait till there's something to talk about pull people in and then try and pitch your idears for games and whatnot then.

Anyways. Peace.

jshemmick

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 10:18:49 AM »
I'm interested to see how the live-action cutscenes will work -- I kind-of worry about them because I remember lots of really great games in the 90s with live-action cut-scenes that looked kind-of silly (I'm looking at you C&C Red Alert!).  I am all-for some video project being associated, here -- and I am hoping for the best that the production quality will be high enough to not break the immersion that this lovely little game will have.

I suppose that's not really a 'Suggestion' for improvement...  suffice to say I think an 'improvement' might be:

• If You do a live-action cutscene, be sure the acting/production is good enough not to break immersion.
  • Don't be like Red Alert's cutscenes.

Alonso Martin

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 11:19:37 AM »
Haha. Well, they're definitely not cutscenes of that sort :)

The live-action cutscenes are a pretty different experience. They are not meant to mimic or reference the game world, and instead have a universe of their own in which another story takes place. I take a lot more creative freedom with the live-action stuff because of how it's related to the game.

But don't worry, I've done dozens of short films before and am putting a lot of effort into delivering something with the same level of quality as the rest of the game, although they will be their own thing.

James Closs

• Designer Backer Team
  • Why yes, you can call me Boss Closs
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 04:14:11 PM »
Alonso has great taste in movies, so I have faith in these live-action portions.

Otoshi no Kami

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 08:27:42 PM »
Haha. Well, they're definitely not cutscenes of that sort :)

The live-action cutscenes are a pretty different experience. They are not meant to mimic or reference the game world, and instead have a universe of their own in which another story takes place. I take a lot more creative freedom with the live-action stuff because of how it's related to the game.

But don't worry, I've done dozens of short films before and am putting a lot of effort into delivering something with the same level of quality as the rest of the game, although they will be their own thing.
hope you make a good live-action. i'm hoping to see how the live action woman and Alicia relate to each other. :)

Ghidra

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 02:56:18 AM »
I'm interested to see how the live-action cutscenes will work -- I kind-of worry about them because I remember lots of really great games in the 90s with live-action cut-scenes that looked kind-of silly (I'm looking at you C&C Red Alert!). 

Those cut-scenes were horrible!  But you could tell they had fun making them and knew that they were chincy so it evened out in the end.

When the C&C games were still new, everyone was so enthralled by live-action video appearing in a video game that we didn't seem to care whether it was any good or not.

They are definitely good for a laugh!
Chad Philip Johnson
Anacronist Software

Heart Forth, Alicia Boards