Heart Forth, Alicia - Public Section > Miscellaneous / Off-topic talk

Recommend three games

<< < (2/3) > >>

Malek Deneith:

--- Quote from: Alonso Martin on January 07, 2015, 09:27:38 AM ---(...) Xenogears (...)
--- End quote ---
Damn this game gets mentioned a lot. The fact it does makes me almost consider upgrading my 3DS to New 3DS to play the remake that was announced last year. But probably won't happen, or at least not any time soon considering price tags I saw on some New 3DS imports that got to my country and other purchases on my priority list those light novels won't buy themselves >_>

Alonso Martin:
I had NO idea they were planning on remaking Xenogears! That's kind of exciting, though I'm almost sure I would not enjoy it as much as the original. There's something about the "outdated", low-poly graphics that I really enjoy about the PS1 title, as well as the music and the general '90s feel. However, I would be interested to see how they deal with the whole business of Disc 2, and if they'd actually go about building that other half of the story to replace the big info-dumps. I'll be looking out for that :)

Malek Deneith:
Duh. I have to correct myself it seems - in the process of trying to dig out the relevant info I realized that the game being re-made for 3DS and thus the one I heard about wasn't Xenogears but Xanoblade Chronicles. Xeno-this, Xeno-that you have to excuse my confusion considering I haven't played either of the games.

On the flip side I've also learned that Xenoblade apparently came to PS1 classics for NA... in 2010. So there's that if someone wants to play that game.

*shakes fist at Sony for not releasing FFT PS1Classic version in Europe*

Alonso Martin:
Ah, that's a shame :) Would've been quite cool to see that game remade, but it definitely has a very small following to justify the expenses. But hey, never say never!

moonshadow:
Recently finished: To The Moon.
A wonderfully executed love song to old 3/4 overhead RPGs, with a solid plot to boot. Really enjoyed it and would recommend.

Awaiting: Rime is probably the game I am most excited about after HFA; I loved Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, and with the Last Guardian sadly looking to be on indefinite hold, this looks like where my next fix will coming from. (Close second, though: Infinifactory; Factorio crossed with Minecraft by the author of SpaceChem, what's not to like?)

Play this: Fortune Summoners. There are still people that haven't heard of it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version