Heart Forth, Alicia - Public Section > General talk

All backers demo

<< < (2/2)

Guardian of Irael:

--- Quote ---The 3-hit whip window is an intentional way to encourage players to also use spells instead of relying exclusively on your whip. Unfortunately you don't get to play around with any spells in the demo. Like you point out, you can invest a bit more effort & abuse the charged shot to get over that 3-hit window limitation.
--- End quote ---
It was one of the point I wanted to underline (others already did that). As it is now more than a way to disempower the whip/melee attacks it seems a bad design mechanic of gameplay even if intentional. I mean there is no visual or sound indicator, the player always expects something like "ok, now after a little pause I wait for that bat and I whip out is face with a perfect blow!" Bim! You press the botton and nothing happens (no indicator, not a nice thing) and bim again the bat bite your face. Here is a bat, but (:D) later in game it could be something more dangerous even with one hit one kill and it isn't good not having a fast base attack to spam in those cases. Magic is fast as it is designed and polished, but I don't think it can be as fast or better as "common/basic" as a whip attack.
^ ^

It is the entire fact of no response after expecting something. I don't know if later in game you can grew addicted to that without problems and I don't know if it is possible to use the same mechanic with a visual indicator or something like that, probably is the broken base of 3 attacks that give that not pleasant feeling.
Try to retake that in consideration. Did the testers pointed out anything about that combo?
^ ^

Alonso Martin:
Thanks for the observations, Guardian. Some things might still change in the final game, but rest assured we've tested, tweaked and put a good amount of thought to each mechanic throughout the years :)

lemonrev:
File    Size    Date
PDemo507.zip   52.60M   2015/04/02 11:38

ZIP PASSWORD: *****************
Download the Private Demo of Heart Forth, Alicia!
Contents: Alicia's adventure begins, taking her through Brenia & Bottomrock!
HFAwallpapers507.zip   10.06M   2015/02/20 22:45
Four gorgeous, backer-exclusive, Heart Forth, Alicia wallpapers in HD 1920x1080 goodness, featuring the beautiful artworks our illustrators are creating for the project!

This is the only thing that is showing up in the backers HUB area but i can see in my email this morning that 7.5.9 is live

But as you can see there is no such file ?

Any help would be welcomed ?

Alonso Martin:
There's a green button in the "All backers demo download" section. Just click on that header to roll it down and sign up for it. That other demo is the $50 private demo released a couple of years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version