Heart Forth, Alicia - Public Section > Miscellaneous / Off-topic talk

Let's Talk: First Metroidvania?

<< < (3/3)

BioHaz:
I also started with the original Metroid back in the day on the NES.  But the standout Metroidvanias for me would have been Super Metroid and Cave Story.
Their atmosphere and music is what I remember most.

Majk:
Well, Metroid for NES aswell as Castlevania. Always loved the sidescrollers.

maxwelldemonic:
I started on the NES with Metroid. Later I moved onto Simon's Quest, then Dracula's Curse, then the original. I also played Conquest of the Crystal Palace which falls into the same vein.

Limp:
Well, according to sources, the original Metroid was the first game I ever played. Hell of a start for a two-year old xD
A few years later, it moved on to Super Metroid (which still holds up as one of the best games ever) and from there on... I don't know. Honestly, I hadn't come across the term "Metroidvania" until the mid-2000s or something and I didn't have the pleasure of experiencing  Symphony of the Night until it was released on Xbox Live Arcade.

Nowadays, these types of games are the ones that instantly gets my attention. The addictive nature of the exploration and grinding... mmm... just great!

But again: the original Metroid was my first Metroidvania experience.

Malek Deneith:
Posting this here since right now since info is scarce at the moment, yet kind of relevant to the topic and tastes of HFA community.

It seems that on various Castlevania sites appeared a new user named "IGAVANIA", posting stuff like:

--- Quote ---The first sign rises with the full moon.

Soon, I will return.
--- End quote ---

and

There is full moon tommorow it seems. Hype? Maybe? We'll see.

Also it seems this twitter account might be related to the whole thing: https://twitter.com/Quarterwomann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version